Think you might have RSI?It's time to talk to your doctor if you have any of these symptoms in your hands, arms, neck or shoulders and they come on during or after work:
- weakness in the arms or shoulders,
- painful sore arms, neck or shoulders,
- difficulty doing everyday tasks,
- cold hands.
Dragon Naturally drop-in clinic
Thinking about voice-operated computing? Or are you already a user and would like to improve?
Come to our drop-in Dragon Naturally Speaking clinic to learn more about how to get the most out of this software. Sue Woodward, a experienced dragon trainer, will be there to answer your questions and demonstrate how to use the software.
- When: Monday the 8th of August, 12 - 2 pm
- Where: Room 9, Griffin Center - 20 Genge St, Canberra City
We've released a new edition of our book: Pregnancy and RSI
Download the new edition of our book Pregnancy and Parenting with RSI and other arm injuries here. It's got lots of new illustrations and tips as well as stories from mothers with RSI. You can also order a physical copy for $20 here.
Our thanks go to Anupma Choudhary for the all the work she did updating and designing the new edition!
Coming up in the Chronic Conditions Seminar Series
On August 18th there will be a visit to the Independent Living Center in Weston, ACT.
The Independent Living Centre Canberra provides information and techniques that help people maintain their quality of life and independence. It has many displays which demonstrate useful gadgets and hand-friendly tools so you can try them out and find some products that will really help you in your day to day activities. Look here for more info.
New Helping Hand Sheets:Children and RSI!Did you know that you can find all of our Helping Hand Information Sheets on our website? Including our new sheets on Children and RSI Click here to find some things that you can do to reduce the risk of muscle pain and RSI for your child.
Our WINTER 2016 Newsletter is OUT NOWIn our latest edition of 'In Hand' you'll find articles like:
- A voice-recognition app that can save you from having to pick the phone
- The evidence on which natural anti-inflammatories actually work
- Advice on how to change your mindset and raise your energy levels
- Info on helpful doctors, lawyers and therapists around Australia,
- Email updates on resources for RSI, medical research and recommended links,
- Access to our telephone information service on all aspects of RSI/OOS.