Welcome to our Website!
On this website, you'll find lots of info on how to treat and manage RSI, real life stories from people with RSI and advice on how to use your computer safely. And don't forget to take a look at our Helping Hand sheets for advice on how to keep doing the things that you've always done like driving, cycling, gardening, reading and more!
Join now from just $15 a year to get our latest Newsletter - OUT NOWIn the latest edition of 'In Hand' you'll find articles like:
- Top Comcare Lawyer, David Lander's speech from our AGM in November with lots of advice on dealing with Comcare and the AAT
- Should you quit your job or your insurance claim - some advice to help you think this through
- How to take effective breaks at work to get you through the day
Presentation from the RSI AssociationThe RSI Association is presenting a talk from Ben Glibert on 'Medications for Pain'. Ben Gilbert is the pharmacist at the Capital Chemist on the University of Canberra campus. The recipient of a grant from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, he is a popular speaker at community events and will be able to answer all your questions abut pain and medications.
- When: May 22, 12:30pm - 1:30pm
- Where: Room 2.09, Floor 2, The Griffin Centre, 40 Genge St, Canberra City
- Cost: Free, everyone is welcome. Tea, coffee and light refreshments provided.
Coming up in the Chronic Conditions Seminar SeriesUnfortunately the upcoming May seminar in the CCSS has been canceled. The next seminar will be in August.
Think you might have RSI?It's time to talk to your doctor if you have any of these symptoms in your hands, arms, neck or shoulders and they come on during or after work:
- weakness in the arms or shoulders,
- painful sore arms, neck or shoulders,
- difficulty doing everyday tasks,
- cold hands.
We've released a new edition of our book: Pregnancy and RSI
Download the new edition of our book Pregnancy and Parenting with RSI and other arm injuries here. It's got lots of new illustrations and tips as well as stories from mothers with RSI. You can also order a physical copy for $20 here.
Our thanks go to Anupma Choudhary for the all the work she did updating and designing the new edition!
New Helping Hand Sheets: Meditation Apps!Have you thought about meditating but you're unsure how to get started?
Meditating is a great way to relieve stress and manage pain, but in can be a little intimidating to start. To help you out, we've reviewed five of the best meditation apps, apps that provide courses of relaxing, guided mediation. These will teach you how to meditate and what mindfulness is all about in a way that best works for you.You can find all of our other Helping Hand Information Sheets here. br> JOIN NOW from just $15 per year to get access to:
- Info on helpful doctors, lawyers and therapists around Australia,
- Email updates on resources for RSI, medical research and recommended links,
- Our telephone information service on all aspects of RSI/OOS.